Monday, February 23, 2009

Entirely Unimpressed

The Academy Awards are always one of my favorite things to watch on television, and mostly because of the fancy gowns the celebs wear. For year my mother and I would, without fail, sit down in front of the T.V. to watch the arrival show. It was then that I started to cultivate an interest in fashion.

This year though, not only am I not at home, but I couldn't even watch the Oscars because I was studying for a midterm. Luckily, there is a glorious invention known as the internet that has allowed me to at least see pictures of the event.

As someone who is currently unable to fall asleep, I might just be able to now. The gowns utterly bored me. The ugly ones were ugly. The best-looking ones were bland.

Hollywood... step up your game, please.

Taraji P. Hensen, Roberto Cavalli
A beautiful, perfectly fitted gown.

Natalie Portman, Rodarte
I love her, and I love Rodarte... It's just that she could have done so much better. And picked a color that isn't reminiscent of Pepto-Bismol.

Miley Cyrus, Zuhair Murad
Too much. Too too too much. Fish scales, tiers, glitter, blahhhhh.

Marisa Tomei, Versace
Probably one of my favorite gowns of the night. The train on this thing is impressive.

Kate Winslet, YSL
Looking beautiful as always. I love the lace detail on this dress.

Heidi Klum, Roland Mouret
Drag... queen... must... barf...

Freida Pinto, John Galliano
I love the cut of the dress, but I hate this color on her. I miss the gorgeous golden color of her Golden Globes gown.

Evan Rachel Wood, Elie Saab
Looking a lot less goth-princess in this ethereal dress.

Angelina Jolie, Elie Saab
Black is her color. Looking every bit a bombshell, as always.

Amanda Seyfried, Valentino
I used to think anyone in Valentino could never do wrong. But I was wrong, clearly. Very very unflattering.

Sarah Jessica Parker, Dior Haute Couture
So lovely.

image source: ONTD

No comments:

Post a Comment