Monday, March 30, 2009

The Eighth Wonder

This morning I overslept and was already going to be late to class, even if I didn't style my hair, and even if my books were all together in my bad instead of scattered all under my bed, and even if I had planned out my outfit the night before. 

Which, of course, I hadn't.

There are a few reasons why I rarely plan an outfit a day in advance:
1) I like to dress according to my mood. What if I don't feel like wearing pants? What if I'm feeling a little depressed and would rather not wear sunny yellow? 
2) I live with three other girls. We shop at the same stores. While we might not have the same exact articles of clothing, our styles sometimes overlap, and I try not to dress like any one of them on a given day.
3) Weather. I'm big on checking forecasts days in advance, and in the morning as I'm getting ready to go out. 

And so, because I'm more of a spontaneous dresser than a planner, waking up late means bad news for me. Today, I would have killed to have this shirt in my dresser.



This Christopher Kane silk shirt would have solved all my problems this morning, and instead of missing class all together, I probably would have made it in the nick of time. King Kong suited my disgruntled mood at having woken up feeling unrested. The dark colors would easily match with any of my pants and my rain boots, and with the overcast sky and muddy puddles outside. And, I mean, it's just a really cool shirt, and I bet if I wore it I'd get a lot of comments on it. And comments on outfits are never a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment