Thursday, March 5, 2009

London Calling

You'd think being on spring break would mean I'd post more. I'm so far behind on Fashion Week posts, it's shameful.

My favorite looks from London's Fashion Week, F/W 2009 ready-to-wear:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Aquascutum -- The all-black ensemble invokes both toughness and sophistication, but the lace adds a touch of femininity.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Charles Anastase -- I loved the layering in both these looks, and the use of unexpected fabrics, like fur for men and a chiffon-and-leather combo for women.

Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony -- Chloe's always been one of my inspirations for my own style, but overall, I found her collection a little disappointing. These were the only two looks that sparked my interest.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Danielle Scutt -- I loved the bright pop of sculptured red surrounded by black. Stunning.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Giles -- Most of the collection featured my favorite combo for spring and summer -- neons and neutrals -- but with tougher fabrics like denim, Giles managed to make the duo appropriate for colder weather as well.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Graeme Black -- It looks like the model just ditched high tea to go to a rock concert. Love it.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
House of Holland -- I'll admit I'm a big fan of those neon-colored t-shirts with the very rude phrases written on them, but this was a refreshing change. Still bold and funky, but it also shows a more mature side.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Jaeger London -- Casual, yet put-together.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Julien Macdonald -- I don't know what I like more -- the strapless silk jumpsuit or the shoes.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Kinder Aggugini -- My one complaint about this show was not about the clothes, but about the extremely distracting floral wreath in the background. I felt it detracted from the clothing, especially since many of the floral-printed designs seemed to blend right in.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Louise Goldin -- Bared shoulders in the winter. Fab.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Luella -- This is a perfect example of how to tone down metallic pieces to make them appropriate for day.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Marios Schwab -- A very interestingly structured dress.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Mark Fast -- Sheer fabrics and a flapper-esque fur-trimmed skirt. Divine.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Nathan Jenden -- I'm just in awe of the origami-inspired skirt. I almost think it might be made out of paper...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Ossie Clark -- Hippie chic.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Richard Nicoll -- Pair those pants with a plain white t-shirt and heels and it becomes the perfect look for any party.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Roksanda Ilincic -- The draping on the top is just perfect.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Twenty8Twelve -- Recently I've been seeing more and more girls around campus wearing shorts with tights. I've always been afraid to try the look myself, but maybe I will someday soon.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Vivienne Westwood Red Label -- Love, love, love the dress!

source: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment