Monday, January 19, 2009

Doll Face

My roommate's recent acquisition of the glorious Ultimate Blockbuster Collector's Edition makeup palette from Sephora with its 84 eye shadows, 60 lip glosses, eyeliner, mascara, lip liner, etc. prompted me to reevaluate my make up routine. My routine is fairly basic -- eyeliner and chap stick during the day, heavy dark eye shadow for weekend nights. Easy, simple, and boring. So naturally, when I found myself with that immense makeup palette sitting in front of me, I was at a loss of where to begin.

Should I match my eye shadow color to my top? If yes, which of the nine shades of blue would look best? And then, which lip gloss would compliment my eyes?

This got me thinking about all the gorgeous and funky runway make up I've seen over the years. While it might not all be suitable for every day, it certainly is inspiring and easily adaptable.

Here are some of my top looks:

Tuleh F/W 08

Preen F/W 08

L.A.M.B. S/S 08

Derek Lam F/W 08

Calvin Klein S/S 06

Alexander McQueen F/W 08

*style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment