Friday, December 12, 2008

Size Zero

POP Magazine
Models: Beth Ditto and Blake Kuchta
Photographer: Steven Klein

















I'll be the first to say it. I hate Beth Ditto. The Gossip is a pretty good band, but she reminds me of a dirty, sweaty pig. It's great that she's confident with herself and that she has good self-esteem, and I agree that skinny does not always equal beautiful, but she's so "curvy" that she's morbidly obese to the point of being unhealthy. She really does need to eat healthier, and a little exercise wouldn't hurt. And perhaps a new makeup artist and a wardrobe change is in order as well. Just because you're proud of your body, doesn't mean you should flaunt everything.

But enough of my rant about her.

The photo shoot, as a whole, is refreshing. As much as I hate Beth Ditto, I do appreciate that different-looking people were used in these photos. I also like the stark, bleak scenery and the lighting. The last three made me laugh a lot for some reason. The photos are kinda trashy and bland, but the Beth Ditto and the Iggy Pop/Fabio hybrid hold their own and add life to the editorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment